How do I create a new FTP account?
To create an FTP account, perform the following steps:
- Select FTP Accounts from the control panel.
- Enter the desired username in the Log In text box.
- Choose the domain for which you wish to create the FTP account.
- Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes. You can use the Password Generator button to create a strong password if you prefer.
There is an indicator below the password boxes showing how strong the password is.
You must choose a password stronger than 65. This is to help protect your FTP accounts from hacking. A secure password contains uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and symbol and is not a dictionary word.
- Enter the FTP account's home directory. The system will auto-populate this but you may amend it.
The Directory text box defines the new FTP account's top level of directory access. For example, if you enter example in the Directory text box, the FTP account can access the /home/$user/example/ directory and all of its subdirectories
- Enter the disk space quota, or select Unlimited.
If an FTP account experiences problems with uploads, you may need to increase the Quota value.