How do I purchase a new domain?
You can purchase a domain without purchasing a hosting or email package.
To purchase domain(s):
- On the GEO Host site, click Domains from the menu.
- On the GEO Host site, enter the domain name you want and click Search Registry.
This will check domain registrars to see if your requested domain is available with a variety of TLD’s (top-level domains, i.e. the bit after the “.”).
If you already own the domain you can opt to transfer it to GEO IT Services.
- Check the box(es) next to the domain(s) you wish to purchase/transfer.
- Click Continue.
- Check the contents of your Basket are correct and click Checkout.
- If you aren’t already registered and logged in you will be prompted to do so at this point.
- Enter your details including name, address and an email account you already use.
- To register a domain you need to provide a name and address, this can be the same as the name and address you are registering your GEO IT Services account under or it can be different. To use the same details, ensure the Copy Registration checkbox is selected.
- To enter a different domain registration address, uncheck the Copy Registration details box and enter the name and address you wish to register your domain(s) under.
- Read and agree to the Terms of Service by checking the Agree box.
- Click Register.
- You will be sent a validation email with further instructions.
- Once you are logged in, you will see the checkout.
- Please select a contact for domain registration next to each domain you are purchasing, you can add more with the Manage Registrants button.
- Read and agree to the Terms of Service by checking the box.
- Select your payment method and complete payment.
Once payment is completed you will be able to manage your email and domains.